Join Tracy as she breaks her women only guest rule by welcoming Dr. Edward Hallowell to Episode 106 of ADHD for Smart Ass Women. If you know anything at all about ADHD you recognize Dr. Hallowell’s name as the leading authority in the field of ADHD. Dr. Hallowell is a board-certified child and adult psychiatrist, and a New York Times bestselling author. He, along with Dr. John Ratey wrote what Tracy considers to be the bible of ADHD, Driven to Distraction. Now retired from the faculty of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Hallowell has been featured on 20/20, 60 Minutes, Oprah, PBS, CNN, Today, Good Morning America, and in The New York Times, USA Today, Newsweek, Time. He is a regular columnist for ADDitude magazine, and is also the host of his weekly podcast called Distraction. Dr. Hallowell is the founder of The Hallowell Centers in Boston, New York City, San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Seattle. He lives in the Boston area with his wife and their three grown children.
Dr. Hallowell shares:
- The circumstances surrounding his ADHD diagnosis
- Why he and Dr. John Ratey decided to write their new book ADHD 2.0: New Science and Essential Strategies for Thriving with Distraction.
- Who he wrote this book for
- Why most medical professionals have ignored the strengths in ADHD for so long
- His opinion on ADHD and intelligence
- Exciting research around the task positive network and default mode network and how you can use them to benefit the ADHD brain
- The ADHDers need to create and constantly improve their life
- Why those of us with ADHD should never worry alone
- Where he believes the field of ADHD research and treatment is going
- Whether he believes that there’s a relationship between introversion/extroversion and ADHD types
- Why ADHD women have not been part of ADHD studies
ADHD 2.0: New Science and Essential Strategies for Thriving with Distraction
Amazon: ADHD 2.0: New Science and Essential Strategies for Thriving with Distraction - from Childhood through Adulthood
Fall in Love with Your ADHD Brain, 5 Day Challenge